Camping at Long Point Beach
Long Point Beach is straight west of Long Point, just past the Long Point Light (Coast Guard Light). It is often referred to as “Little Italian Gardens”. From Avalon, it’s about a 5 mile paddle, or almost 8 miles from Two Harbors of you are coming the other way. At the Avalon end of the beach is the protected “Pirates Cove”, a favorite dive site.
The beach is mostly small cobblestones, with some sand. It’s quite big actually, allowing for space between campsites, and plenty of room for two groups. Swimming in the clear green water here is quite perfect. There is no hiking here, but scuba diving at Pirates Cove is hugely popular. Much like Goat Harbor and Italian Gardens, the dive tour operators visit here regularly.
Long Point Beach Campsites
There are two campsites here, each able to take 4-5 campers with a maximum capacity of 10 people between the two. There is no shade or picnic tables at the Long Point Beach Camping area.
The shot below shows the east end of the beach, closer to Pirates Cove, where you can land and set up camp.
Long Point Beach Camping Map
Other Boat In Campsites on Catalina Island
There are a total of 17 boat in campsite spread between 9 locations. For more information on other camping areas, rules, fees, and how to book reservations, visit our page on boat-in camping on Catalina Island.
Use the links below to visit each of the boat in campsites on Catalina Island
- Ripper’s Cove Boat-in Campsite on Catalina Island
- Paradise Cove Boat-in Campsite on Catalina Island
- Lava Wall Boat-in Campsite on Catalina Island
- Gibraltar Beach Boat-in Campsite on Catalina Island
- Cabrillo Boat-in Campsite on Catalina Island
- Goat Harbor Boat-in Campsite on Catalina Island
- Italian Gardens Boat-in Campsite on Catalina Island
- Long Point Beach Boat-in campsite on Catalina Island
- Willow Cove Boat-in campsite on Catalina Island